Pages

Sunday 17 October 2010

My Creative Scrapbook - October Challenge

I subscribed to My Creative Scrapbook for their yummy Limted Edition and since then I've really enjoyed scrapbooking.  They currently have a challenge running which is to follow a sketch - so this is my take on it. 


This is my lovely lovely grand-daughter Daisy - she is the perfect model - will pose endlessly for me - a absolute darling!!! 

The patterned paper is by Magenta - Dancing Buterfly - a paper I bought from Running with Scissors ages ago but knew one day it would be a perfect background!!!!  I have carefully cut out the butterfly wings leaving the body attached to the paper, inked the wings with Walnut Stain and stickled them with Rangers Diamond.   Then I placed the whole page on a piece of purple Bazzil, lifted the butterfly wings up so that it created a 3d effect.  Daisy adores Tilda stamps (I have to stamp them up for her so she can take them home to colour in) so I have included a couple of them as embellishments (both on watercolour paper and coloured with distress inks).  I have used my fave Martha Stewart Doily punch on the other contrasting papers, added pearls, a heart doily, diamantes and some lovely pink ribbon.  Thoroughly enjoyed myself :O)

Thanks for looking

Polly x

6 comments:

  1. Love the 3D butterfly effect. Such a pretty layout.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so soft and pretty, thought I recognised the paper lol, and you definitely have the perfect little model, she is gorgeous, love what you did with the butterflies and the addition of the Magnolia images finishes the page perfectly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is as always Polly, GORGEOUS!!!!!! I really need to try following sketches, it might help my fear of a 12" page. Daisy is just so lovely and I love the PINK!!!!!!!! Did you know it's my favourite colour?????? See you soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous butterflies and love how you have incorporated Tilda in the fabulous layout
    thanks for the lovely comment, means alot from the person who introduced me to blogging
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS on holiday this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Polly I love this, love the Tilda's mixed in too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polly - this is just adorable. Somehow on PIT I missed the fact that it was a mirror... In fact I have the same one stashed away, which will shortly get the "Polly" treatment and make a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete