Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

Photographer

Over at Bird Is The Word the challenge is a fab sketch with the theme being Change and over at Simon Says Stamp and Show their theme is show A Bit of Brown so I decided to merge the two and create a scrapbook layout for both.

I distressed, inked, splattered and tore the papers from the Bo Bunny range 12" Cambridge Cup and 12" Cambridge which I bought from The Hobby House. I then covered a frame made from a spare piece of hardboard which I had laying under my desk with paper from the same range, embossed it with a diamond embossing folder and lightly wiped over the diamonds with some gold wax rub and then added some Frayed Burlap distress ink over the top just to take off a bit of the colour... then I changed my mind, added and distressed some plain white copier paper with the same ink, slightly overlapped them and added a small piece of the brown paper at the back and voila .. a pretend photo album. Added the label from the TH Tag die over the word Photographer, used Ranger black dabber paint and covered that with gold wax rub.  Added some copper hinges, some fern leaves and metal butterflies (black paint dabbers again were used just to take off the glare of gold.  Added another photo frame in the corner using the same embossing folder, wax rub and inks.  And here it is....




The photo is of course my DH - I took this whilst we were at Woodside Falconry Centre near Lincoln where we went so he could carry out his photography assignments of wildlife.  I also found a lovely quote on the internet and typed it onto a small tag to complete the layout...

Years will pass, times will change, nothing is forever.  But no matter where life lead us... On these pages we will always be together. 

I love it and perfect for the scrapbook album I am creating for him - since I dont make many male layouts its not only a challenge for me to make them but I can create layouts for him using just his photographs (he's very good)  of each other, our kids and grandkiddies s as they grow older.

Well think thats it for now

Thanks for looking

Polly

8 comments:

  1. Great layout Polly and lots of techniques, my sort of page! (not that I am a scrapbooker). Looking forward to the class on Friday. See you then! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout Polly luv it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beuatiful LO,thanks for playing along at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Polly...fabulous layout as always. Love the papers.
    Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the strong masculine look of your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,beautiful page,I love it, thanks for playing along at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEautiful page!
    xx and tks for playing along with us at Bird is the Word
    Leila

    ReplyDelete